*All trail rides must be paid in full at the time of reservation.
*Must be at least 8 years old to go on a trail ride. Pony rides are offered for children 7 years and under.
Call to schedule: (757) 421-4177
We do make exceptions for children age 7 and younger for trail rides. We will require a barn assistant for an additional $25 to walk alongside the horse of your child. This must be arranged ahead of time when booking to ensure we have adequate staff.
Long pants, close-toed shoes (boot with a 1" heel preferred, tennis shoes are acceptable), and a SEI-approved helmet (necessary for all riders under 18 and offered for riders 18 and over). Triple R does provide appropriate helmets, but you may bring your own.
To protect our horses, we have height and weight limits. We may ask you the height and weight of all the riders in your group before you book so we can have the best fit horses ready for you.
- 5'2" & under: 225lbs
- 5'2" to 6'2": 240lbs
- 6'2" & over: 260lbs
Private Trail Rides offered on Saturdays - $65 per person. All rides are hour-long, guided rides at a walking gait only.
Group Trail Rides - $26 per person for a minimum of 10 or more riders.
Pony Rides on Saturday - $6 per person for pony ride (must be booked one week in advance by phone).
- Level 1 – Foundations (All riders begin at the Foundation Level)
- Level 2 – Principles
- Level 3 – Disciplines
- Level 4 – Performance
- Level 5 – Refinement
Group lessons are in eight-week sessions once per week for students 8 years and older. Lessons last an hour and a half and begin on Thursdays at 4:00pm and on Saturdays at 9:00am, 10:30am, 1:00pm and 2:30pm.
Cost: $360 total for all eight (8) lessons.
- Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday groups.
- We are making some changes to how we offer lessons and plan on opening registration August 10th at 9:00 AM.
- Registration closes August 31st at 5:00 PM or until classes fill.
- Saturday group lessons run September 10 through October 29.
-- Saturday lessons are assigned at various times (see Horsemanship Handbook)
- Friday group lessons run September 9 through October 28.
-- Friday lessons are at 4:30 to 6:00 PM weekly.
- Thursday group lessons run September 8 through October 27.
--Thursday lessons are at 4:00 to 5:30 PM weekly.
- Wednesday group lessons run September 7 through October 26.
--Wednesday lessons are at 4:30 to 6:00 PM weekly.
- 8 lessons: $560 for all eight (8) lessons (offered each session except the summer session)
- 60 minutes of horseback instruction
- 30 minutes of theory (learning the basics of horse care)
- Private lessons are in eight-week sessions once per week. Lessons are an hour and a half total; please indicate your availability on the registration form or contact the Registrar. We will work with you to find the best time for you and our instructors.
- 8 lessons: $360 for all eight (8) lessons (offered each session except the summer session)
- 30 minutes of horseback instruction
- 15 minutes of theory (learning the basics of horse care)
- Private lessons are in eight-week sessions once per week. Lessons are 45 minutes total; please indicate your availability on the registration form or contact the Registrar. We will work with you to find the best time for you and our instructors.
- We are making some changes to how we offer lessons and plan on opening registration August 13th.
- Requests close August 31st or until classes fill.
- Saturday lessons run September 10 through October 29.
Summer group lessons available
Summer GROUP Lessons
Special Equestrians are dedicated pleasure riding lessons for the disabled. It is our pleasure to be able to provide this program with our gentle horses and helpful volunteers. There are two sessions every year in the spring and the fall, which each consist of eight weekly lessons.
Volunteers are an essential part of Special Equestrians, requiring three per participant (a horse handler and two side walkers). When you volunteer with Special Equestrians, you help people achieve things they may have never thought possible. You do not need any experience working with horses or individuals with disabilities. We will train you. We are always looking for volunteers who are committed and are reliable, willing to learn and be respectful to others.
For more information call our office at (757) 421-4177 or e-mail 3Rspecialequestrians@gmail.com
RETURNING VOLUNTEER (Release Form)
NEW VOLUNTEER (Release Form)
- Volunteer Training: Thursday, September 8, 2022
- Lessons: September 15 - November 3, 2022
© 2019 Triple R Ranch Inc.
OFFICE HOURS: Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm EST
3531 Bunch Walnuts Road
Chesapeake, VA 23322
OFFICE PHONE: 757-421-4177
GET IN TOUCH
about TRIPLE R RANCH
LINKS TO KNOW
GET A QUOTE
WHAT WE OFFER